Nov 29, 2022
The mission of the department of theatre and dance is to provide the first two years of baccalaureate coursework and production opportunities for the theatre and/or dance major; to provide cultural and artistic resources and opportunities to the general student body of Casper College; and to stimulate and be prominent in the intellectual and cultural life of the Casper community.
The curriculum is designed to provide a full range of classroom study and practical experience for the theatre and/or dance major, while allowing ample opportunity for participation in all classes and productions by general education students. Consistent with the ideal of a liberal arts education, the curriculum is designed to expose students to a wide variety of experiences within the various disciplines of theatre and dance.
This degree is recommended to any student who wishes to pursue the technical areas of theatre, including technical direction, stage management, scenic/lighting/costume/makeup design.
General Education (Minimum 32 credits)
General education coursework can be completed from within or outside of the major field of study.
1. Exploration and Participation
- Laboratory science (4CR)
- Mathematics (3CR)
3. Relationship with the World
- Human behavior (3CR)
- U.S. and Wyoming constitutions (3CR)
- Cultural environment (3CR)
4. General Education Electives (9CR)
- Must be chosen from areas 1, 2, or 3 above.
5. Physical Education (1CR)
- THEA 1010 - Introduction to Theatre for Theatre and Dance Majors (3L,3CR)
- THEA 1100 - Acting I (3L,3CR)
- THEA 2010 - Theatrical Backgrounds Drama I (3L,3CR)
- THEA 2020 - Theatrical Backgrounds Drama II (3L,3CR)
- THEA 2050 - Theatre Practice (1-2CR)
- THEA 2145 - Introduction to Theatrical Costuming (1L,4LB,3CR)
- THEA 2160 - Stage Make-up (1L,4LB,3CR)
- THEA 2220 - Stagecraft (2L,4LB,4CR)
- THEA 2230 - Stage Lighting (3L,3CR)
- THEA 2311 - Portfolio Preparation (1L,1CR)
- Electives (6CR)
Major electives must come from the following list:
- ART 1006 - Drawing I (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 1110 - Foundation: Two-Dimensional (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 1120 - Foundation: Three-Dimensional (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 1130 - Foundation: Color Theory (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 2010 - Art History I (3L,3CR)
- ART 2020 - Art History II (3L,3CR)
- ENTK 2500 - Computer-Aided Drafting I (AutoCad) (1L,2LB,2CR)
- ENTK 2505 - Computer-Aided Drafting II (AutoCad) (1L,2LB,2CR)
- MUSC 2410 - Sound Reinforcement I (2L,2CR)
- MUSC 2420 - Sound Reinforcement II (2L,2CR)
- THEA 1220 - CAD for Theatre (2L,2LB,3CR)
- THEA 2490 - Topics: (Subtitle) (1-3L,1-3CR)
- THEA 2790 - Stage Management (2L,2CR)
A minimum of 64 approved semester credits are required for graduation. For specific graduation requirements see “Academic Policies ” and “Degree Requirements .”
Only courses numbered 1000 or above can be used toward the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.