Nov 29, 2022
This program focuses on the technologies used to create and operate an effective Web site or e-business. It is very technology based with advanced coursework in computer networking and programming, as well as Web development and design. As such, this program focuses much more on the back office technologies involved with Web development including advanced Web authoring, HTML scripting, Visual Basic programming, and database design.
This is a nontransfer degree program.
General Education (Minimum 17 credits)
General education coursework can be completed from within or outside of the major field of study.
1. Exploration and Participation
3. Relationship with the World
(One course minimum)
- Human behavior
- U.S. and Wyoming constitutions (3CR)
- Cultural environment
4. General Education Electives
- Must be chosen from areas 1, 2, or 3 above.
5. Physical Education (1CR)
- ACCT 1905 - Practical Accounting I (3L,2LB,4CR)
- ACCT 2010 - Principles of Accounting I (4L,4CR)
- BADM 2010 - Business Law I (3L,3CR)
- COSC 1010 - Introduction to Computer Science (3L,2LB,4CR)
- COSC 2240 - Systems Analysis and Design (3L,3CR)
- IMGT 2400 - Introduction to Information Management (3L,3CR)
- INET 1590 - Web Page Design (2L,2LB,3CR)
- MGT 2100 - Principles of Management (3L,3CR)
- MKT 2100 - Principles of Marketing (3L,3CR)
Select at least 24 credits from the following electives
- CMAP 1815 - Database Applications (2L,2LB,3CR)
- COSC 2210 - Business Data Processing I (2L,2LB,3CR)
- COSC 2220 - Business Data Processing II (2L,2LB,3CR)
- COSC 2406 - Programming in Java (3L,2LB,4CR)
- INET 1650 - Introduction to HTML and DHTML (1L,2LB,2CR)
- INET 2500 - Introduction to ASP.NET (2L,2LB,3CR)
- Electives approved by department head (2-6CR)
All classes in the major must be passed with a “C” or better.
A minimum of 64 approved semester credits are required for graduation. For specific graduation requirements see “Academic Policies ” and “Degree Requirements .”
Only courses numbered 1000 or above can be used toward the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.