Sep 28, 2023
Construction technology students have several options available to them so that a program can be designed to meet individual needs. A transfer program for those students interested in a baccalaureate degree in construction management from four year schools accredited by the American Council of Construction Education is available
This program is designed to provide the general education and broad technical skills needed in the career and technical education fields.
General Education (Minimum 32 credits)
General education coursework can be completed from within or outside of the major field of study.
1. Exploration and Participation
3. Relationship with the World
4. General Education Electives
5. Physical Education (1CR)
- CNTK 1860 - Woodworking Fundamentals I (2L,4LB,4CR)
- EDFD 2020 - Foundations of Education (3L,3CR)
- EDFD 2100 - Educational Psychology (3L,3CR)
- EDUC 2100 - Public School Practicum (2L,4LB,4CR)
- ELTR 1570 - Electric Circuits (4L,4CR)
- ELTR 1620 - Electrical Concepts Laboratory (3LB,1.5CR)
- ELTR 1760 - Introduction to Digital Electronics (3L,3LB,4.5CR)
- ENTK 1510 - Drafting I (2L,4LB,4CR)
- ENTK 2510 - CAD-3D Modeling (2L,4LB,4CR)
- ITEC 2360 - Teaching with Technology (2L,2LB,3CR or 3L,3CR)
- MCHT 1610 - Machine Tool Technology I (1L,2LB,2CR)
- PSYC 2300 - Developmental Psychology (3L,3CR)
- PSYC 2360 - Lifespan: Adulthood and Aging (1L,1CR)
- WELD 1700 - General Welding (.5L,1LB,1CR) or (1L,3LB,2.5CR)
- WELD 1820 - GMAW and GTAW Welding (1L,3LB,2.5CR)
A minimum of 64 approved semester credits are required for graduation. For specific graduation requirements see “Academic Policies ” and “Degree Requirements .”
Students who plan to transfer to a four-year school in industrial education should make contact with that institution for information about transferability and credits. Student advisement will follow the guidelines of the school of choice.
Only courses numbered 1000 or above can be used toward the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.