Dec 03, 2022
Visual Art Program Mission Statement
The Visual Arts Department will provide a quality visual arts education based on a foundation of both traditional and contemporary practices and ideas. Consistent with the mission, philosophy, and institutional purposes of Casper College, this education serves as the foundation for further study and meaningful participation in contemporary society.
This course of study is intended for the art major transfer student who will enter a bachelor of fine arts program.
General Education (Minimum 17 credits)
General education coursework can be completed from within or outside of the major field of study.
1. Exploration and Participation (3-4 CR)
3. Relationship with the World
4. General Education Electives (1CR)
- Must be chosen from areas 1, 2, or 3 above.
5. Physical Education (1CR)
- ART 1006 - Drawing I (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 1110 - Foundation: Two-Dimensional (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 1120 - Foundation: Three-Dimensional (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 1130 - Foundation: Color Theory (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 2010 - Art History I (3L,3CR)
- ART 2020 - Art History II (3L,3CR)
- ART 2035 - Art History III (3L,3CR)
- ART 2073 - Introduction to Art Education (3L,3CR)
- ART 2090 - Printmaking I: Relief (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 2095 - Printmaking II: Intaglio (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 2122 - Digital Design I (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 2141 - Professional Practice in the Arts I (1L,1CR)
- ART 2210 - Painting I (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 2310 - Sculpture I (2L,4LB,3CR)
- ART 2410 - Ceramics I (2L,4LB,3CR)
- EDFD 2020 - Foundations of Education (3L,3CR)
- ITEC 2360 - Teaching with Technology (2L,2LB,3CR or 3L,3CR)
A minimum of 64 approved semester credits are required for graduation. For specific graduation requirements see “Academic Policies ” and “Degree Requirements .”
Only courses numbered 1000 or above can be used toward the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.