Dec 05, 2023
The recommended curriculum is designed to prepare students for employment in software support, help desk and end user support positions. This comprehensive program emphasizes the development of skills and the attainment of knowledge necessary to obtain a position in the different types of businesses using the latest systems and software. This is a nontransfer degree.
General Education (Minimum 17 credits)
General education coursework can be completed from within or outside of the major field of study.
1. Exploration and Participation
3. Relationship with the World
(One course minimum)
- Human behavior
- U.S. and Wyoming constitutions (1-3CR)
- Cultural environment
4. General Education Electives
- Must be chosen from areas 1, 2, or 3 above.
5. Physical Education (1CR)
- ACCT 1905 - Practical Accounting I (3L,2LB,4CR)
- BOTK 1655 - Keyboarding Speed and Accuracy (2LB,1CR)
- BOTK 1660 - Document Formatting (.5L,3LB,2CR)
- BOTK 1955 - Professional Development (3L,3CR)
- BOTK 1980 - Cooperative Work Experience I (1-3CR)
- CMAP 1510 - Computer Literacy (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1610 - Windows I (1L,2LB,2CR)
- CMAP 1715 - Word Processing (1L,4LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1765 - Spreadsheet Applications (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1815 - Database Applications (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1855 - Desktop Publishing (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1886 - Outlook (.5L,1LB,1CR)
- CMAP 2630 - Presentation Graphics (1L,2LB,2CR)
- ELTR 2920 - Small Computer Repair Techniques (2L,3LB,3.5CR)
- IMGT 2400 - Introduction to Information Management (3L,3CR)
- INET 1510 - Website Analysis (2LB,1CR)
- INET 1550 - Introduction to the Internet (.5L,1LB,1CR)
- INET 1590 - Web Page Design (2L,2LB,3CR)
- Electives (1-3CR)
All classes in the major must be passed with a “C” or better.
A minimum of 64 approved semester credits are required for graduation. For specific graduation requirements see “Academic Policies ” and “Degree Requirements .”
Only courses numbered 1000 or above can be used toward the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.