Nov 29, 2023
Today’s office managers must be expert in providing support activities to the business office. These activities include communications, software support, general business and management support, accounting or bookkeeping support, and industry support. Upon successful completion of the degree, students will have the technical, industry, and business skill for a professional office position in a variety of industries.
This is a nontransfer degree.
General Education (Minimum 17 credits)
General education coursework can be completed from within or outside of the major field of study.
1. Exploration and Participation
3. Relationship with the World
(One course minimum)
- Human behavior
- U.S. and Wyoming constitutions (1-3CR)
- Cultural environment
4. General Education Electives
- Must be chosen from areas 1, 2, or 3 above.
5. Physical Education (1CR)
- ACCT 1905 - Practical Accounting I (3L,2LB,4CR)
- ACCT 2010 - Principles of Accounting I (4L,4CR)
- BADM 1000 - Introduction to Business (3L,3CR)
- BADM 2010 - Business Law I (3L,3CR)
- BADM 2030 - Business Ethics (3L,3CR)
- BOTK 1655 - Keyboarding Speed and Accuracy (2LB,1CR)
- BOTK 1660 - Document Formatting (.5L,3LB,2CR)
- BOTK 1955 - Professional Development (3L,3CR)
- BOTK 1980 - Cooperative Work Experience I (1-3CR)
- CMAP 1550 - E-Portfolio Development (1L, 1CR)
- CMAP 1715 - Word Processing (1L,4LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1815 - Database Applications (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CMAP 2630 - Presentation Graphics (1L,2LB,2CR)
- COSC 1200 - Computer Information Systems (2L,2LB,3CR)
- IMGT 2400 - Introduction to Information Management (3L,3CR)
- MGT 2100 - Principles of Management (3L,3CR)
- Electives chosen in consultation with advisor (6CR)
All classes in the major must be passed with a “C” or better.
A minimum of 64 approved semester credits are required for graduation. For specific graduation requirements see “Academic Policies ” and “Degree Requirements .”
Only courses numbered 1000 or above can be used toward the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.