Sep 19, 2017
A computer security degree trains students to find and remove data from a variety of digital media and protect computer information systems from malignant uses, computer viruses and emerging digital threats. The program blends theory and practice into a learning experience that develops skills applicable to complex real-world problems. Upon successful completion of the degree, students will have the necessary skills for immediate employment as an IT support person in an information assurance line of work.
This is a nontransfer degree.
General Education (Minimum 17 credits)
General education coursework can be completed from within or outside of the major field of study.
1. Exploration and Participation
3. Relationship with the World
(One course minimum)
- Human behavior
- U.S. and Wyoming constitutions (3CR)
- Cultural environment
4. General Education Electives
- Must be chosen from areas 1, 2, or 3 above.
5. Physical Education (1CR)
- CMAP 1610 - Windows I (1L,2LB,2CR)
- CMAP 1615 - Operating Systems (3L,3CR)
- CMAP 1715 - Word Processing (1L,4LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1765 - Spreadsheet Applications (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CMAP 1815 - Database Applications (2L,2LB,3CR)
- COSC 1010 - Introduction to Computer Science (3L,2LB,4CR)
- CRMJ 2120 - Introduction to Criminal Justice (3L,3CR)
- CRMJ 2230 - Law of Evidence (3L,3CR)
- CSEC 1500 - Network Security Fundamentals (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CSEC 1505 - Networking Essentials (3L,3CR)
- CSEC 1510 - Network Defense Principles (2L,2LB,3CR)
- CSEC 1530 - Computer Forensics (2L,2LB,3CR)
- IMGT 2400 - Introduction to Information Management (3L,3CR)
- INET 2670 - Internet Ethics and Cyber Law (3L,3CR)
Select a minimum of 5 credit hours of electives from the following list:
All classes in the major must be passed with a “C” or better.
A minimum of 64 approved semester credits are required for graduation. For specific graduation requirements see “Academic Policies ” and “Degree Requirements .”
Only courses numbered 1000 or above can be used toward the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.